Federal Tax Rebate for Energy Efficient Air Conditioners
FEDERAL REBAE PROGRAM DISCONTINUED. PLEASE CALL FOR DETAILS: (866) 736-7247
This year is the best time to get a brand new central air conditioning system at the best price possible!. The federal government has extended the deadline
for the tax credit until December 31, 2011.
In addition to the tax credit, by purchasing a high efficiency air conditioning system you will save as much as $3600 dollars over the life of the unit. We have provided cost comparisons for 2 ton and 3 ton models to see the overall savings.
Please call us toll-free at (866) 736-7247 to discuss any questions you might have.
* Pricing does not include installation costs. Example cost provided is for air conditioning unit only with applicable rebates.
Federal Tax Rebate Details and Forms
Based on the Federal government's requirements to get the Tax Credit: 10% of cost up to $500 , the following must apply:
- Must be an existing home & your principal residence. New construction and rentals do not qualify.
- Split Systems: Must have a SEER of 16 or higher to qualify / And a EER of 13 or higher.
- Package systems: Must have a SEER of 14 or higher to qualify / And a EER of 12 or higher.
For products "placed in service" in 2011, you would take the tax credit on your 2011 income taxes.
For the 2011 federal tax credit you need to submit and save:
- Save your receipts and the Manufacturer's Certification Statement for your records.
- Taxpayers must keep a copy of the certification statement for their records, but do not have to submit a copy with their tax return.
- Submit Form 5695 with your taxes.
- Rheem Air Conditioning Systems Manufacturer Certification Statements
- Trane Air Conditioning Systems Manufacturer Certification Statements
- Carrier Air Conditioning Systems Manufacturer Certification Statements
EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) The higher the EER rating, the more energy efficient the equipment is. This can result in lower energy costs. This DOE site can show how to calculate potential energy cost savings of a more efficient unit.
Manufacturer’s Certification Statement is a signed statement from the manufacturer certifying that the product or component qualifies for the tax credit. The IRS encourages manufacturers to provide these Certifications on their website to facilitate identification of qualified products. Taxpayers must keep a copy of the certification statement for their records, but do not have to submit a copy with their tax return.
SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) The higher the SEER rating, the more energy efficient the equipment is. A higher SEER can result in lower energy costs.